.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

USA Overseas Industrial Training Program

Several of our DISM students joined the overseas industrial training programme organised by the School of Digital Media and Infocomm Technology (DMIT) to Silicon Valley, San Francisco, USA from 19th to 27th September 2010.

The programme involed study trips to San JosState University, Stanford university, The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)and University of Southern California (USC) as well as workshops organised by eBay, Facebook, IDEO, Intel and Loyalty Play Holdings.

The USA OITP trip was an enriching study trip where students were occupied with lectures, company visits and university tours. But besides the knowledge gained, it was fun-filled with good food, good culture, good scenery, good people and of course the great company!

“Sure I didn’t get to see Hollywood, other states and meet Justin Bieber but what I learned was way more valuable than that. I learned about the people, their culture. I learned their way of open learning in groups and discussion and that if you have a idea don’t just throw it away. Develop it, polish it and publish it. More importantly, I learned something entirely new which is design thinking. Its something I am considering doing in the near future. It was only 7 days I spend in the US but it was enough to turn me into a believer.”, said Pravin, a year 2 DISM student.

1. Intel Museum

2. Facebook’s Headquarter


3. EBay's Headquarter 4. Stanford University

5. Gloden Gate Bridge

6. Disney’s California Adventure Park

No comments:

Post a Comment